[S] 6582 SIDs for sale, same as 8580 SIDs.

Wilba

I got a new batch of 6582 SIDs, new-old-stock, that have been sitting around in anti-static tubes for the past 15 years.

Stock up now for the MIDIbox SID synth V2, which supports two SIDs per Core for cool stereo effects!

If you already have an 8580 SID, you'll know what these 6582 sound like. They are, as far as I'm concerned, identical to the 8580, use a 9v supply (not 12v), and have a filter like the 8580 and very low noise, unlike the 6581. So if you already have one 8580, you can use a 6582 as the second one in a stereo pair without any noticable difference.

This could be the last batch of SIDs I ever obtain and resell to the MIDIbox community, and as far as I know, they could be the last unused 6582 SIDs. I could sell them on eBay for AU$40 to AU$100 (and have!) to the C64 enthusiasts and SID fanatics, but I'd like to sell them to the people who want to make MIDIbox SID synths, especially those crazy like me who want an 8x SID synth.

The price is AU$20 each (that's around US$16, 12 EUR).

Postage and handling is actual cost to me, and it varies.

If it's just sent as a letter, it's AU$4

If you want postal insurance, it's an additional AU$8, but to some countries, postal insurance is only available for parcels, so the postage increases from AU$4 to AU$8.

When I sold off my 8580s last year, one parcel got lost, so if you don't get postal insurance I can't afford to replace or refund... it's up to you (unlike my eBay auctions where everyone pays AU$18 postage+postal insurance).

Send me a private message with your order, include your real name, PayPal email address and address to send the SIDs, and I will send a PayPal invoice.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough...

Send me a private message with your order, include your real name, PayPal email address and address to send the SIDs, and I will send a PayPal invoice.

You don't have to pay immediately, but I do need full details, if you change your mind afterwards that's fine.