Midi Merger/Same midi signal from different cores.How to solve the problem?

John Hetmond

Hi all !

My Incredible Midi Machine called SISQ is working now ! Yeah !

sisq.jpg

BUT! There is one problem left to solve. In this machine i have two cores - one with MB64 application and second with something based on MB64e. The MB64e is last core so it have Midi Merger ON and here is the problem. In this I have 96 Buttons, 8 Encders and 48 Pots. The problem is with bottons - Becouse of 48 buttons connected to each core - they have the same "marks" - same MIDI signals from other buttons. How to solve this problem?

I know that i can change in the DIN tables number of shift registers. If i will have in first core SR: 1 2 3 4-5 6 7 8 (two DINX4) and in second i will change to [9 10] 11 12 - 13 14 15 16 ("[ ]"-two SR reserved for encoders/also two DINX4 ).

In this situation cores will send diferent signals of buttons?

Oh ! And if i want to have INC/DEC encoders i have to change in code the Datawheel to 1 ?

I will be very pleased if somebody can help me with this problems.

Chris 

Oh I thought you wanted to change the electrical connections to 'fool it' into sending a different note. You just need to tell it that that button sends a different note. I think you do that with the INI files or with the GUI Editor by Serge...

Yeh it's on the main mb64 page how did ya miss that! heheheh