bootstrap loader going nuts! (desperate newbie)

Guest ekopappa

Guest ekopappa

hi@all

maybe someone can give me a hint.

i started my first diy project and put my first core modul together last night. today i wanted to upload mios with mios studio.

i can see the upload request, but it repeats every ~12ms.

when i try to upload mios hex a lot of unexpected updload requests are received and the upload stops, while the pic keeps shooting the upload request at me.

then i disconnect the midi in from the interface and upload mios again. this time the upload is succesfull, but when i plug in the midi in again, the upload request is still there. it´s the same when i restart the psu.

i looked over the board and didn´t notice any accidental bridges, i checked the resistors, polarities, voltage etc. (i´m no expert in electronics though). nothing stuck out. could i have missed something?

i am grateful for every hint.

thanks

Guest ekopappa

since this topic is open i could use it anyway...

i´m pretty sure that there is no loop, at least the output led of the interface doesn´t indicate that.

i checked the voltage again and everything has 5v except J2vd - Pic 25tx, it has only 4.3v (vdd). could this cause the reseting of the pic? or is the low voltage caused by the constant output?

i´ve tried moving p1 and p2 but nothing changed.

i guess i messed with board somehow, i just can´t locate it. maybe i just build a second module. is there any particular thing i could have done wrong?

thx a lot