MB-6582 PCB Order ***IMPORTANT UPDATE***

Wilba

I'm only gone for one week. It's just right in the middle of when I could be packing and sending.

I could have been better organized and gathered postage in advance and padded bags for posting etc. and be ready to go now, but alas I was distracted with locating more SIDs and arranging that bulk order too...  :-[

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all cool from here - I know just how much effort this has been. Have a good, well chilled holiday, we'll all be here  when you get back.

Serious kudos for doing such a good design, then doing all the work to give it to the rest of us.

Have fun - and send us all a postcard.

best wishes

Only once before did I see a red soldermask on a PCB, and that was my GUS MAX soundcard. Red Roxxx  ;D

Hell yeah, I have one of these babies. Populated with a whopping 8mb of sample mem. :) :) Those old 30pin SIMMS come in handy sometimes. I just wish I had some winxp drivers for it. Its great for old 90's demos though..  :)

Hell yeah, I have one of these babies. Populated with a whopping 8mb of sample mem. :) :) Those old 30pin SIMMS come in handy sometimes. I just wish I had some winxp drivers for it. Its great for old 90's demos though..  :)

GUS MAX did not use SIMMs but simple DRAM modules, and the maximum was 512KB or 1MB. Maybe you're referring to the later Ultrasound PnP cards that never were very successful due to the lack of driver support from Gravis.

Allright, back on topic  ;)

All the PCBs are now wrapped in bubble wrap and in their posting bags.

I have already started emailing payment requests, but I have to wait for everyone to confirm they want or do not want a socket, and also wait for SIDs to arrive and test and pack them too.

I will try to get through as many as possible in the next few days... starting with the ones not ordering SIDs.

Wow, you'll have missed seq v3, and mbsid v2, and mbnet, and the 4685... omg you missed a lot of good stuff... but if ever there was a great reason, you have it! Congratulations man, that must be a blast.

MBNET?  What is this MBnet you speak of?! 

4685... PIC4685?  the world is changing too quickly!

Wilba!  Please keep me in mind if you have more PCBs than orders... as I would like to buy a set from you.. obviously...

also, what sids did you order?  6581?  6582?  or 8580?

I was about to buy 100 6581s (i have 60 8580s riht now)

Can't find 6582 in the shenzhen market anywhere though :(

I forgot to mention that I only received a couple free spare base PCBs and no free control surface PCBs. I did order more than what was paid for by everyone's PayPal payments (using my own cash) to accommodate any late orders, but as mentioned in previous posts, all these were allocated.

It is quite likely that in another few months there might be enough people wanting the base + control surface PCBs to make another bulk order possible. I will keep track of any requests and let people know if/when there's enough requests.