Core problem with SID application

Toastman

Hello,

I'm in the middle of building my own Midibox SID. Last night I connected everything together for the first time. I use a 2x20 LCD and my own powersupply.

The LCD showed just blocks (as is normal without MIOS installed). Connected everything to my MacBook and immediately got the uploading requests. MIOS installed without a problem, the Core rebooted and showed the "Ready" message. But when I tried to upload the main.hex of the SID application, the LCD just shows "Mios rebooting" and I keep getting upload requests as if Mios was not installed. When switching power off and on again, mios is gone (just blocks on lcd and upload requests every 2 secs).

Weird thing is, other apps upload just fine, I tried MidiMon, MidiFM, Midi64, etc.

I did all of this once with and once without the SID module attached to the core.

Did every possible voltage check and all seems fine...

Configuration: Mike's core pcb v3, 18F452 pic, header 00 and standard lcd.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,

Toastman

Which SID application are you uploading?

midibox_sid_v1_7303b.zip  411k  The PIC18F452 version of MIDIbox SID
midibox_sid_v1_74685.zip 327k The PIC18F4685 version of MIDIbox SID V1.7(303) - please read the ChangeLog for details!
[/code]

The first one works on PIC18F452, the second one will not.

Also, you say you uploaded main.hex, you should upload one of the other .hex files depending on SID type.

Try also uploading http://www.ucapps.de/mios/sid_testtone_v3.zip to test the SID.

FYI it doesn't matter whether the SID module is connected or not.