Has Political Correctness Gone too Far

Guest bibbouk

This came up yesterday at work. A guy I work with says that PC should be abolished completely because it's not society's place to tell people how to think or what to say and that PC infringes on freedom of speech.

I didn't say anything to him but it made me wonder if there are others who feel the same way.

I believe that some PC has gone too far such as people getting offended over small things like being called "hearing impaired" over "auditorily (I'm not even sure how you would spell such a word!) challenged."

I actually heard this conversation in the mall one day between a man and woman (I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but they were at the table next to me in the food court) and she was all bent out of shape because one of her friend's boyfriends had called her hearing impaired.

So what do you think? Has Pc gone too far? If so, how do you think it can be stopped? Is there not enough PC in the world?

Your thoughts please.

Guest the_Swede

Is it PC to abolish PC? Seriously, how do you go about stopping it?

Personally, whenever I hear someone making statements that smell a little too much of PC I tend to discredit everything they say, so from my pov you gain nothing from PCness. Thus, if everyone thought for themselves they would (like me) see through this jelly-belly-I-only-have-nice-opinions crap and then PC would go away all by itself => we should instead of trying to ban things teach people to think. I rest my case.