How to use all of my 2x40 display

Midnite

Hello all,

I got my MBSid rockin' now. I have built an dinx4 to attach to my core to give me some controls.

My dinx4 works fine, all the buttons and the encoder seem to give signal to the core. The problem is using all of my 2x40 display and of course assigning the 10 buttons and the encoder/select functions. I've looked all over the forums to figure out what I need to do with no luck. I know the code needs to be changed but that's about all the info I've found that I understand. Looks like I need a step-by-step tutorial or something. I've never written code, but not afraid to learn. I hope someone can dumb this down a bit for me.

-Thanks

D

Thank you, I got it now. Now I'm figuring out how I should do my buttons and encoders on my dinx4. I got a board from smash so it dosen't give the same points of attatchment as in the schematic here. I'm guessing I can just start at J3 and start attatching from D0 to D7 on each bank to J6 and some how properly assign each button and encoder.

-D