MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

Please place me on the list for one (1) complete kit with PICs.

Thank you for your work in organizing this SmashTV, and thank you TK and Wilba for your dedication in creating such masterpieces. I will be looking forward to working with it!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, lol.  ;D

If it wasn't for smash I probably wouldn't be able to finish this project, It would be too cost prohibitive given the cost of producing PCBs and buying components in a one on - one off production. I can wait my turn, because I can't afford to do otherwise.  :P

This is really confusing I think. As far as I understand things... Does anybody take notice of these add requests? Are they meaningful at all? Do they sum up to a general idea of how many kits Smash will assemble? Is it compulsary to add a line to be offered to buy the kits as soon as they are finnished? I need a base PCB with parts (but no PICs) and a surface PCB but I didn't post that before because my idea was that I could just as well wait until they were completed.

As far as I understood the meaning of this thread, this is NOT about PCBs. The kit doesn't contain any PCBs and ONLY people who already have acquired PCBs from Wilba in the first round were meant to post here that they're interested in a matching parts kit. All others (i.e. who don't have PCBs yet) will be taken care of later.

S

There must be quite a few people who have the parts kits now... How's the building coming along?

I have been meaning to make a post soon. Last weekend I decided to start to work on my baseboard. I started around 9 or 10 am. At around 11pm I had all 8 Sids playing perfectly! I was absolutely amazed at how well this was put together, thanks to Wilba, TK, Smash and everyone else involved.

Following Wilba's construction guide I did not run into a single problem. No debugging was necessary. All of the Sids worked just like expected. Now I just need to make a mouser order and I can finish up the control panel. Hopefully that part will go just as smoothly. Oh and to top it off I did it all with a crap radio shack iron, although I did completely burned two tips down to a nub doing it. I must say that it sounds amazing. Much better than I expected even. I'd be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Thanks again everyone,

Luke

As far as I understood the meaning of this thread, this is NOT about PCBs. The kit doesn't contain any PCBs and ONLY people who already have acquired PCBs from Wilba in the first round were meant to post here that they're interested in a matching parts kit. All others (i.e. who don't have PCBs yet) will be taken care of later.

S

Thank's. I think that summed things up good.

<OT>

If anybody is wanting any of the ALBS knobs, as used on Wilba's MB-6582 then the deadline for getting in on the order is the 16th of April. These knobs compliment the Pactec-PT10 case and the front panals very nicely. I'm may not be sorting out another order for a while (and ALBS don't like dealing with small orders), so get your name put down if you want them.

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/albs_waldorf_knob_-_order_no._3

</OT>

G