Is it possible...............??

snorkman

So.....with anjuta am I going to need another tool for programming the pic??

Would you be so kind to explain it a bit more please? I am already programming with anjuta, but I haven t found the way to burn the pic.....you know what I  mean?

I have read on UCAPPS where it says MIOS C reference that i will need SDCC and GPUTILS.

Should I programm in C++ over anjuta and then burn the pic with a windows aplication? I am confused.......................... :P

Thanks Stryd.

Ahh okay I guess this is a terminology mixup... We have TWO meanings for the word "programming" :D

Anjuta, like codeblocks or xcode or notepad++ or ultraedit, is an IDE, which you use for writing C code. This application development is known as 'programming' because you construct the program you want to run. More often it's known as 'coding' because you write code.

Then, there is 'programming' the chip, as in, 'burning' your program to the chip's ROM. In our case, it is only necessary to burn the bootloader, and which application you use for this may depend on what hardware (MBHP-Burner or JDM module) you are using to burn the chip. Once the bootloader is burned using a JDM/burner, then you can "burn" the operating system and application by sending it over MIDI.

You should definitely have a look on the wiki :)

• 2 months later...

hello stryd!! ;D ;D

I want to say thanks for you help.........I can see thing very clear now.  :D :D :D :D

Let me tell you that I have bought a USB pic burner.....and started making simple programms such as leds sequences......you know what I mean......newbie stupid things...... :)

On my way of learning how to programm my own MIDI code.....I would definitely need a few advises:

1- Should I keep programming with my actual IDE, or I should try something different?? Is boostc a good option???....I read that BOOSTC can be linked to MPLAB.

Thanks. :)

• 2 months later...

Glad it's panning out. If I were you, I would continue to use the IDE which I'm comfortable with. If you want to switch, then I would recommend code::blocks, because there are a few others around here to help with support, and it is documented.

You don't need to integrate with MPLAB any more now that the apps have been migrated to GPUtils ;)