Mackie Control Logic Control???Big Question

jeroddumas

My plan is to build the Mackie Control.  I understand that the functionality between the MC and the LC is pretty much the same.  The question that I need answering is I see all the LC software here, but how do I convert that to MC or is it the same.  And is anyone using the LC or MC with Pro Tools, because I understand that Mackie Control is now supporting Pro Tools, but it seems to be an update with the Mackie stuff and not the Pro Tools stuff.  I am a little lost here and I would really like to get some feedback from u guys.  I guess what I am asking is does the LC software handle the MC emulation also?  Help!!!  By the way this is one great site.

My plan is to build the Mackie Control.  I understand that the functionality between the MC and the LC is pretty much the same.  The question that I need answering is I see all the LC software here, but how do I convert that to MC or is it the same.  And is anyone using the LC or MC with Pro Tools, because I understand that Mackie Control is now supporting Pro Tools, but it seems to be an update with the Mackie stuff and not the Pro Tools stuff.  I am a little lost here and I would really like to get some feedback from u guys.  I guess what I am asking is does the LC software handle the MC emulation also?  Help!!!  By the way this is one great site.

Hey Jeroddumas

The Mackie Controller and the Logic Controller are the same, only the label on the buttom are changed.

To get you Controller to work as a Mackie clone you have to change the "LC_EMULATION_ID" in the main.asm file from 0x10 to 0x14.

That it.

See you

Kent

Hey Jeroddumas

The Mackie Controller and the Logic Controller are the same, only the label on the buttom are changed.

To get you Controller to work as a Mackie clone you have to change the "LC_EMULATION_ID" in the main.asm file from 0x10 to 0x14.

That it.

See you

Kent

BTW. about the use of Mackie Controller with ProTools.

I thing that the MIDI commands are changed on the controller, so to use the Mackie clone someone has to find the new MIDI commands that the Mackie use.

When that it don I do not thing is a problem to program Thorsten's clone to work with ProTools.

Kent

PS. As I read it on Mackie's site the Mackie Controller has to be updated, I thing that the update makes it use the HUI MIDI commands.

BTW. about the use of Mackie Controller with ProTools.

I thing that the MIDI commands are changed on the controller, so to use the Mackie clone someone has to find the new MIDI commands that the Mackie use.

When that it don I do not thing is a problem to program Thorsten's clone to work with ProTools.

Kent

PS. As I read it on Mackie's site the Mackie Controller has to be updated, I thing that the update makes it use the HUI MIDI commands.

• 2 weeks later...

well basically you may be able to use a logic control to control Protools, as there is a translation program downloadable for free from the emagic website, but unfortunately it is only for people who have a logic dongle, and are using a Mac, apart from that, it would take someone to write a special application, I think.

well basically you may be able to use a logic control to control Protools, as there is a translation program downloadable for free from the emagic website, but unfortunately it is only for people who have a logic dongle, and are using a Mac, apart from that, it would take someone to write a special application, I think.

I take it your on PC then?

I would save my pennies and go for a commercial MC... now supports PT. They are so cheap now! (P&G faders too) and not just volume controls, but more!!

other than that, it would be nice if someone here could send a midifile to you of each of cs10's controls.... then you could do a nice, n easy midi learn on your midibox!

I take it your on PC then?

I would save my pennies and go for a commercial MC... now supports PT. They are so cheap now! (P&G faders too) and not just volume controls, but more!!

other than that, it would be nice if someone here could send a midifile to you of each of cs10's controls.... then you could do a nice, n easy midi learn on your midibox!

I have the protocol to the JL cooper box.  I would hate to be limited with the Mackie Control box.  With a midibox i can control many different platforms.  I guess I can build LC and use different banks, one for Pro Tools and then LC protocol for Cubase SX which I use at my home studio.

I have the protocol to the JL cooper box.  I would hate to be limited with the Mackie Control box.  With a midibox i can control many different platforms.  I guess I can build LC and use different banks, one for Pro Tools and then LC protocol for Cubase SX which I use at my home studio.