Some questions about the 6582

Mr. zip

Over the past year, most of my experience was in dealing with the 6581. I know with the 6581, if the 1k resistor between the audio out and the ground is lost, the chip kills its self. What I am wondering, does the 6582 do this? I know the 6581 datasheet shows this connection, where as the 6582 datasheet does not. I would go with what the datasheet says, but I know how trustworthy a MOS datasheet is.

Another question on it is, what filter caps does it use. I would presume the same as a 8580, but the 6582 data sheet says (I think) 6.8nf.

Any other info I should know would be great, now excuse me while I update my SID module for 9v and debug more loose connections out of it.

I don't know if removing this 1k resistor is OK or not.

I do know the 6582 is identical to the 8580, in all the audio tests I have done.

Originally the SID module schematics suggested using 6.8nF but 22nF is what is actually in the datasheet and what the C64 used for 8580 and what HardSID uses, so now 22nF is the recommended value. Also tests have shown this gives the optimum frequency cutoff range and is less steppy at the bottom end. Best filter caps to use has been discussed in other threads on the forum many times...