DIY Control surfaces? NO WAI!

mr.marvelous

Funny story, I some how come across this http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7008.0 on a DJ blog and almost creamed myself. In about 10 minutes I had found my way to ucapps.de. I have now read every page on that site and on the wiki (you guys know how to draw someone in :P).

I've decided that I want to make a control surface for traktor/deckadance/live . I believe i generally know what direction i need to take for it. I basically need to duplicate the functionality of Sasha's control surface with some variation.

I basically need

1 - Core

1 - AIN

1 - DOUT (for LEDs?)

1 - LCD module (seems kinda pointless)

I just have a few questions. I want to use joysticks to control certain features (effects). These are analog?

I was reading about how when you load a new track into traktor you basically have to reset all the pots, and faders to 0 or whatever the default is. I hear that the new version of Traktor has some midi feedback support added. Does anyone have any experience using endless encoders for the EQ, or any other knobs?

Illuminated, rubberized pushbuttons (that blink to the beat of the music) is this even possible?

heyhey

welcome aboard

now take a drink of your choice, light a cigarette if you smoke, cool down and bear with us

all you need to know can  t be resumed in a couple of message in this forum and, btw, has already been answered a few times

so i invite you to read all the site and the wiki again and again (and possibly again) and come back with some more specific questions

i am not chasing you away!

(you guys know how to draw someone in Tongue).

eh you know, the pretty people!

a thumbrule is to experiment a little with some basic hardware like a core with a din and a dout and see the possibilities

good luck

simone

Hello mr.marvelous and welcome aboard. I`m glad you like my controller. I`ll repeat the cimo`s words... you need is to build a core, get yourself some 2x16LCD  few IO modules and start to experiment. You `ll see and check best what you need and like for controlling your software. It is not true about reseting the controls after loading new track, but controller want read Traktor`s initial pot positions after powering on. I haven`t use Traktor for a long time and not sure if there are some feedback in new versions and how well it works, but you can test it easily. Also, make sure you check Robert`s Traktorizer for some inspiration. ;) I`m sure you are going to love the jogs that my controller misses.