Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'stereo'.
Hi, I tried to build a twinsid from yodabe and I had problems with it. This is a link to the previous post: Now I have etched my own board and I am having problems with the Right channel. Left one is working fine. I have tested the right channel (connected with the j14 of the core module (pin 27 of the pic) with the testtone app and it works. It has passed all the tests with the interconnection_test_v2 except the pin8 of the sid chip, it's not giving me the right voltage. It should be 0V when I press the Key on midi controller but the voltage is changing between 0.3V-0.9V It should be 5V when I don't press a key but it stays the between 0.3V-0.9V The pin 8 is connected to j14 of the core module (pin 27 of the pic) and I have tested the solder joints, it is all fine. There is no shorts or anything. I did another test and connected the pin 8 of the right sid module with the pin 24 of the core module and it works. What could be the problem? I have attached my board. stereo sid SILK 01.pdf This guy seems to have the same problem but his worked for a while Thank you Kike
Hi everybody, I just want to share my work. I've build my midibox SID in an all diy way, in order to learn and understand everything in the box, and make some modifications to the original project. here is some pictures: I have modified the original layout of the mbhp_core_v3 and mbhp_sid_v3 in order to remove the power components (I wanted to build an external power supply), and to make a stereo version of the mbhp_sid. I integrate a matrix mixer and an headphone amplifier, I also add a buffer to the separate output. The design of the mixer is based on the Ken Stone's matrix mixer CGS33 http://www.cgs.synth.net/ The amplifier is from sonelec-musique.com http://www.sonelec-musique.com/electronique_realisations_ampli_casque_005.html For the front panel I have used the aluminium etching process with ferric chloride for nameplate engraving. The box is made from medium density fibreboard. For the pic programming, I used my old pic programmer that I build 17 years ago. I had to modify the firmware of the MB6582 in order to get the control surface working without the multiplexed DIN & DOUT. If you want, I can share my PCB layout of the stereo sid and core. VoilÃ ! Thanks again for your work TK...