mios upload problem

gzifcak

hi,

i just finished building a midibox64 with kits from mike's electroniks. running mios studio, i get the upload request every 2 seconds:

00000002082380 ms | Sysex message: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

00000002084274 ms | Sysex message: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

the problem is that when i try to upload, the requests keep coming, and i get this error:

Sending block 00000000-000000FF

Error: Received unexpected Upload Request

searching through the forum, i came to the conclusion that maybe my device ID is 1 instead of 0?

i found this solution:

it seems that the device ID is 0x70, however, there is an easy way to fix this.

Just load the mios_v1_7.hex into Serge's SysEx loader, set the ID to 0x70 and upload the file

Thereafter upload the change_id application, it will overwrite the ID field with zeroes

Best Regards, Thorsten.

unfortunately, serge's sysex loader does not appear able to handle hex files. is there anyway to specify the device ID with mios studio?

thanks for any tips,

greg

oops, i guess maybe my device ID is actually 0. i changed it to 1 in mios studio and got unexpected sysex error:

Received unexpected MIOS SysEx message = 00007E400001F7  expected = 00007E4001

i went back over the forum posts and concluded that my device ID is actually 0.

any other ideas? i tried replacing the optoisolator, but i still get the same results. i've done the midi troubleshooting tests. they all pass except i'm not seeing midi getting to the Rx line.

thanks,

greg

i am using a m-audio midisport 2x2.

here are my test results:

TEST IN1: passed

TEST IN2: passed

TEST IN3: FAILED

TEST IN4: FAILED (but led lights when connected to pin 8)

TEST IN5: passed

TEST IN6: FAILED (led does not light ever)

TEST IN7: passed? open voltage = 4.87, closed voltage = .05

TEST INOUT1: FAILED (nothing received back into midi monitor)

seems that midi is not reaching the rx pin?

thanks,

greg

Ok, MIDIsport 2x2 should work perfectly

Btw:

Sending block 00000000-000000FF
[/code]

which file are you trying to upload? Because this address range should neither be used by MIOS, nor by any MIOS application

The bootloader is located at 0x0000-0x03ff, it cannot be overwritten via MIDI...

You have to upload pic18f452/midi/mios_v1_9f_pic18f452.hex of the mios_update_v1_9f.zip package

This is the only .hex file you need to upload of this package (thereafter you can start to upload an application)

However, this isn't the problem here...

seems that midi is not reaching the rx pin?

The result of TEST_IN6 indicates, that this is neither a PIC, nor a MIDI interface, but a general (electrical) issue. It seems to be a bad soldering joint between MIDI In port, the Rx pin or the circuitry around the optocoupler. Without a scope, only visual checks will help here (I guess, that you've already checked the supply voltages...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.