MIDI THRU/FILTER/MONITOR APPLICATION

Nomical

I got this idea about making a midi thru box that splits the signals into 4 Thru's. And now i thought of filtering some type of data out of each signal independently. In other words, is it possible to use one filter module to filter different kinds of data from different 'thru lines', in this case 4 lines?

Why would i want to do this? I want for instance Thru 1 to only send data from Midi Channels 1 to 4, Thru 2 Midi Channels 5 to 8, Thru 3 midi channels 9 to 12 and thru 4 midi channels 13 to 16.

I want this because i always come across equipment which seems to be responding to data it shouldn't react to or it sends data which it shouldn't send. For example, i had this with the MC303, MC505, ASRX, RM1Xa nd more i can't remember right now. And it even did so when i read through the complete manual and changed all settings normally needed to avoid the problem.

And as extra addition. Can the midi monitor handle multiple 'thru lines', perhaps by switching thru the 'thru lines'?

So the end result would be:

[

Midi In --> Filter --> Monitor --> Midi thru 1 / Midi thru 2 / Midi thru 3 / Midi thru 4