C script

emm my problems is im doing my midibox for my final year school project and i need to explain how the pic's program structure works..and my problem is i never programmed a pic before. so i need some sort of soft copy of the bootloader and mios so that i can learn wats happening.

and which link do i need to use?

10x

i need to explain how the pic's program structure works

To be honest: Unless you aren't a ASM-Pro (which I don't think you are when you're asking how to open the files), I do not think it'll really help you to read thousands of code lines with MOVLW, TBLRD and MULP instructions  ;D

maybe the pic's datasheet'll be a little bit more helpful:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1335&dDocName=en010296

and which link do i need to use?

ehhrmm... how about "download"?  :-X

hmm... you seem to have read the PIC's datasheet very fast...   :P

you can open the sourcefiles (*.h / *.asm) in any text-editor.

...although I do not understand, why you're trying to decypher asm code while the technical documentation of the chip itself is presented on a silver plate - in plain english text with a shimmering sexy blue link to click on -

good luck with this,

regards,

Michael

ps / Edit:

have you seen this page?

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/mios

hmm, I really don't know what you're after -

The Pic is a microcontroller and consists of memory and a processing unit that together perform basic mathmatical operations by moving around values in registers with the aim to set some logical values on some hardware-pins (high or low). That's it. It's pretty abstract, so that's what I meant with MOVLW and MULP instructions in the ASM code.

The bootloader is just a simple program to set the PIC in a state where it can receive and store another program in its memory.

So, either you want it technically, then you have to look at the datasheet (which contains far more than just a technical spec, it has 5.8 MB and contains everything you need to know about registers, memory, instructions - everything!) or you want a theoretical overview (which is contained in the wiki and on ucapps.de).

But noone can save you from the hassle of reading it ;)

Regards,

Michael