Forum colour scheme problem

I am currently typing black text on a black background. My posts are much more interesting now ;D

Seriously though, can we change the forum CSS or something so that the textboxes and dropdown lists and such use the system colours? (IE Window and WindowText for background and text colour respectively)

Pardon the brief posts but it's not so fun hitting CTRL+A all the time.

LOL

Well I'll tell the whole story....

I was checking out the programmer's font thread, and someone mentioned the white-on-black colour scheme. I thought "I tried that ongce and it was sh*t".

Later, I was looking around for my own favourite font, I came across more and more examples of programmers opting for the colour-on-black schemes.  This led me to wonder  ,"why the heck?". So I did my homework. Long story short, colour on black is easier on the eyes. Being as how I spend >12 hours a day on my PC I thought "Heck, it's worth another try. I'll stick with it for a bit this time and give it a fair trial." So I did. And I really liked it. So I changed my system colours in windows. .... Most apps are OK with it, some of the apps at work are crap, and some websites go a bit mentil.... But the only one I really care about is midibox :)

I could use some user-styling app to fix it I guess, but it is a bug, so I thought I'd post about fixing it up....

really?

I'm always suffering badly when I have to read white text on a black screen, because I still see white stripes - well five minutes after I looked at the screen.

Anyway: aren't there some CSS modifiers for the browser of your choice? For Safari, there's Safari Stand which can alter almost any CSS. I'm sure, there's something for Firefox, dunno about IE...

Cheers,

Michael

=> 8)  hehe...

really?

I'm always suffering badly when I have to read white text on a black screen, because I still see white stripes - well five minutes after I looked at the screen.

I dunno, I think my eyes move fast because when I close my eyes I see a big bright blob where my screen is, no matter what colours I use :)

Anyway: aren't there some CSS modifiers for the browser of your choice? For Safari, there's Safari Stand which can alter almost any CSS. I'm sure, there's something for Firefox, dunno about IE...

I could use some user-styling app to fix it I guess, but it is a bug, so I thought I'd post about fixing it up....

So yeh, I can use stylish, which I already have installed here in FF, but yeh.... It should be fixed IMO. It's just changing the word "black" to the word "WindowText" and the word "white" to "Window" in the existing CSS, for the effected areas (textboxes and lists.)