MPC-Style Interface/Analog Output?

Peake

Hello Forumites, I'm new here..

The Akai MPD controller is now $200.00 at Zzounds:

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/MPD24_fronttop-a2e5f77de08988c94e9b8b40dadb2f26.jpg

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AKAMPD24

I'm in love with the MB808 and intend to build one when it comes out again. I also am interested in using it as a set of triggers for my analog modular synth. It would be heaven to combine the MPC USB interface with the Core/etc. and use it to generate at least 8 CVs for volume/velocity, and perhaps another 8 for controllers, to impart MPC style (16 levels, pressure for variable volume press rolls, a real-time/sequenced slider to output a CV to control decay time, perhaps the real-time Erase key) upon the 808 and the modular. (Edit: I know that I'd then need 8 VCAs, but with the quad SSM2164 lurking around, that's not very scary.)

I'm a complete newbie to your technology, but sense that this is possible, whether as a stand-alone system or as an addition to the MB808. I would vastly appreciate any insight into making this a reality. Cheers on one of the most exciting systems in years!

You had me extremely excited when i read that, only to realise you meant to say MPD!

Sounds like a cool idea you have the 808.

Oops, modified my post to reflect that. Sorry.

The thing that I am unclear about is the nature of the software that is available for users, and what can be added or changed, and by whom. I'll figure it out  ;D

The thing that I am unclear about is the nature of the software that is available for users, and what can be added or changed, and by whom.

Everything's available, and open source, so anyone can change or add as much as they need - just don't forget to share it when you're done :)

You might like to look at the MIDIbox CV or Analog toolbox or MBSID (without SID chips), to use as a CV engine which will convert incoming MIDI messages to analog control.