FM262 First DIY Project

minya

good morning!

so i passed a few more steps, the tl074s are arrived and i put them in the right direction this time :) the bank stick is also done, i have built it with 4x256 on board A0-A3 and the rs232 slot for ext. A4. The question of my last post is solved with this, it works

i made my first mios experiences and the core seems to be living, i can upload mios aplications and so i did that yesterday. But unfortunatelly i have some problems with the opl board, i don't get a tone out of it. Neither with the testsound prog nor with the fm software i'm able to get anything out of it.

The LED is flashing permanently and the power lines give the right inputs (+5v and +-12v). I visually checked the core-opl interconnections and found a failure RD5,RD6and RC5 were not right, but when i switched them nothing changed. Thorsten wrote in one threat he believes that can't burn the yac ore ymf, so i won't loose my faith in not killing those little cute ones!

Also another YMF262 on the opl board doesn't solve the problem. After reading some posts in the forum i believe it has to be a problem with the yacs, the soldering points look good but maybe one of these two guys has gone to heaven. Could it also be a problem with the tl074s? when the first one was damaged after putting it wrong into the socket i just changed that one .... could it be that one of the others got also down when that happened? (when the first one got down. the led flashed in short periodes, now the led flashs permanently with the new one i changed)

I'll try to make the interconnection test tonight, yesterday it was too late. When that doesn't help, i'll resolder the yacs on the board ... i hope they are not completely broken down, i haven't no others at home and wouldn't be happy to look for new ones. Maybe someone got another idea where the problem could be...

so that was another day in the DIY diary of a midibox nooooob :D

thanks and wish you nice weather (not as it's today in munich)

a new day, new work :D :-\

fm is making his first noise .... testone works well after changing all tl 074s! channel 2-4 are working perfect but channel one is real quiet....i'm have to make the amplifier in the mixer much lounder for hearing it

i guess the yacs and ymf are working fine! i got my audio signal, the connections between core audio out - connector and conntector - ground are well

i'm not sure where the issue can be  :o ??? :o

all four channels are working now ... with advise of pascal i checked all soldering pins nearly 10 times and conclueded to change the yac512 ... the last one i got had a broken pin at vdd, but fortunatelly the yac has another pin for it and so i could bridge it

now everything works fine ... i guess i crashed the first yac because of soldering to hot