Record Mode Problem

dcer10

Hi Everyone,

I havent used my midibox seq for a while now, been busy with work. Just got it all set up the other day and its been fantastic to get back into it, but I have come across a bit of a problem, maybe a user problem rather than a machine problem :)

Im trying to real time record in notes from the keyboard into the sequencer in record mode and it wont do it. Everything looks normal ie midi in light comes up, all other functions working 100% but for some reason it wont record the notes... I also cant recall which version of the sequencer application im using either (can you hold down a button on boot to see it??). I am using mios v1.9c and from memory the record function used to work when I was first using it... Tried auto record on/off. Midi merger passes notes into the synths past the seq so looks all physically ok... Was there ever an earlier version of the application where record mode was not working in realtime yet? Im pretty sure I never moved onto the final version as my config was a bit non standard and I lost track of how to customise the application to my machine again!

If anyone can suggest what im probably doing wrong it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Welcome back! :)

The version will be displayed in the main menu page (press menu button). If record was working before, it's probably only a coniguration issue. Maybe the wrong "keyboard channel" is selected in the MIDI Configuration page?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks TK  :)

Its good to be back in midibox world!

I have it working perfect now. Seems I forgot that it routes the midi to where it needs to go already.

I had set my master keyboard to the channel I wanted to record then routed it in the MIDI menu too. When I turned all that off, selected the midi channel only in the event page and sent notes from ch1 on the external keyboard it all worked a treat.

As a side question, do you think its worth me upgrading from the version im on now (3.0 Alpha) to the current version? Ive lost my DIN configuration (not standard) and I only have the older style PIC chips (with 4xIIC modules and the old AOUT - still not connected!!!). Was there a lot of gain in features or bug fixes (cant find a single bug in 3.0 alpha) making the change over of the PICS and all that goes along with that worth it? Im very happy with this version, but I havent seen what the new one does in action.

Thanks !!

John

There are a lot of improvements/bugfixes/new features between this early alpha version, and the current v3.2 release. Most of the new functions are documented in the ChangeLog

It's definitely worth the time for doing the update. So far I see, you only need to adapt the button and LED assignments, this can be done in a single file (-> setup_mbseq_v3.asm

The application has to be rebuilt with GPASM (MPASM not supported anymore). And Quickstart Guide can be found here

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks TK!

Im all updated to the latest version now, wasnt too hard.  I had the new pic after all!

A note for others looking at the toolchain quickstart...

Try to keep the path as short as possible to the files being turned to hex. When I was doing the compile I had a long path and it would not work, as soon as I put the whole lot into c:\ivy and ran it from there instead of the longer path it worked a treat.

Looking forward to finding all the new features :)

Now I just have to get the Aout power sorted, and figure out why my LTC midi out and thru arent working and im at 100%!!!