64 button matrix independant of GP buttons?

jrp

the title may be a bit confusing, but here´s my question: When building a sequencer v3 plus the button/led matrix, will one of the matrix rows be the same as the gp button/leds?

Or for example:

Can i set the matrix to track group one, while editing track 9 (group 2/track 1) with the gp buttons and encoders?

Or:

Since i´m building both into one box, could i leave out the gp buttons on the seq?

Thanks

btw, great job tk...!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks. just found out that my last reply didn´t make it. I´m still not sure: Is there any advantage in having both the matrix and the gp buttons/leds?

Is it possible to controll 5 rows then at the same time?

And do i need the track group buttons for the matrix or will the do the same as the track groub buttons on the seq?

thanks. just found out that my last reply didn´t make it. I´m still not sure: Is there any advantage in having both the matrix and the gp buttons/leds?

Yes, there is an advantage: inside configuration pages GP buttons/LEDs are used to control soft functions (parameters displayed on the LCDs).

With "DEFAULT_SRM_BUTTONS_NO_UI 1" all BLM rows display the trigger layers, and you are able to change the triggers with the BLM buttons, whereas with "DEFAULT_SRM_BUTTONS_NO_UI 0" the upper BLM row is used as GP button/LED replacement, which means that you have to go back to the edit page in order to change the triggers of the upper track.

In other words: with "DEFAULT_SRM_BUTTONS_NO_UI 0", you won't get direct access to track 1/5/9/13 inside configuration pages

Is it possible to controll 5 rows then at the same time?

no

And do i need the track group buttons for the matrix or will the do the same as the track groub buttons on the seq?

No, these are different functions. Track buttons allow you to select one or more tracks inside a group, whereas the group buttons allow you to select track 1-4/5-8/9-12/13-16

So, with 2x4 = 8 buttons you control the selection of the 16 tracks

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok, i see. can´t wait to finish my design! about the track group buttons: I understand you reffer to the difference between track and track group buttons. That one is clear. But i noticed that on your design (using the matrix in a breakout box) you have track group buttons on both units. Now i´m not sure how they interact. Are the two sets of buttons doing the same (like they were wired in parallel), or are they independant: The ones on the seq to select the track together with the track buttons, the ones on the matrix to select the group to be displayed, independant of the track selected on the seq?

Hope that question is clear (bit difficult sometimes). I just want to finish the frontplate first, then install the buttons/Leds, then wire everything up. Otherwise it could get a bit messy...

BTW Have i told you that this page is very impressive? It is!

No, there are no group selection buttons at the frontpanel of my own MBSEQ - to which buttons are you refering exactly? (just give me the link to the .gif file)

> Have i told you that this page is very impressive? It is!

Thanks! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

of course, my mistake. I had read about the new buttons for the v3 design and overlooked that they were not included in your Seq. So no use having the track group buttons twice? One set for the GP row (instead of F4), one set for the matrix?