Aout power supply

dcer10

Hi all,

Was just wondering... I have an Aout board in my sequencer which I never connected up as I found the whole power supply situation too difficult being a novice at electronics, not comfortable working with mains voltage nor mounting transformers into the existing case etc etc. I did make a PSU for it some time ago but it didnt work. In any case im wondering how many people out there are feeling the same and avoiding using the Aout for this reason. This is why I was wondering what the alternatives are? I saw on http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=bipolar_12v_psu that you might be able to hook it up to a wall wart at 12v, is this a reasonable solution? If so im more than happy to do this! Does anyone know the milliamps needed to get it happening? Any advise, words of warning etc about this method or another simple solution?

I know everyone has been talking about the Aout NG board recently and I saw those posts, but im not sure if the same info applies to the normal Aout module so thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

John

Yeh there's definitely a bit of voodoo surrounding the bipolar 12V PSUs... I guess it's because there are so many ways to do it... But yeh, the 12V you'd need for AOUT, AOUT_NG and FM are all basically the same thing.

You might wanna look here: Re: FM262 First DIY Project

Current-wise, it's very very low. The exact figure has been posted, but it was so low that I don't think anything would be too small to power it, so I didn't bother remembering that detail ;)