Wiring for noobs

Steev

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but I am working on a Core module (and maybe a Sid someday).  To make the Core bridges, I bought "hookup" wire at Radio Shack.  But when I opened it, it is a solid copper wire under the plastic wrap (not many little silver strands).  Are there any pros/cons to using this kind of wire as opposed to the strand kind? 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049743&cp=&sr=1&origkw=hookup+wire&kw=hookup+wire&parentPage=search

I tried a few searches but could not come up with anything on this...

Thanks,

Steve

the 0,0001 % tolerance resistor leads made another victim !

Steev, to make the bridges you can use any kind of electric wire, usually when you solder a resistor or a capacitor or whatever you have to trim it and get the leads off.You can use what is left to make the bridge.You can even use 2 of them and solder them together or use any other kind of electric cable possibly < 1 mm !

hope it helps and good luck

the major difference between the solid wire and the stranded wire is that you want to use solid wire when it's on the board and use the stranded wire when the wire is coming off the board so it doesn't break from movement.

Perfect - just what I needed to know!