Scan Matrix - velocity sensivity based on qbas code - compatibility with FATAR?

anakin

Hi to everyone

I'm doing a lot of work in tryin' to solve a big problem I have with the application for managing the velocity with the scan matrix. I try to explain

I own a FATAR hardware matrix 8x8 with double contact in each key for velocity.

I try all the apps of example find in the download area and the work good meaning that when a press keys I can see in midiox the right output.

I wonder if someone have experience in tryin' to use the apps sm_16x16_vel in a FATAR keyboards because I find a big difference in the hardware way to manage the double contact in key.

In the qbas schematics you have che connections going to dout module named I, II, III ecc and the connections going to din module named a, b, c, d, e, ecc. In the qbas hardware going on from C1, C#1, D#1, D ecc the connections going to dins change (a-b, c-d, e-f ecc) and the connection to dout stay the same ( I ) this obviously for the first 6 notes and then restart using "II"

In FATAR keyboard are the connections to dout modules that change when notes increase, so (named the connection like qbas named) in C1 you have "I" to dout and a-b to din , in C#1 you have "II" and c-d to din and so on.

There's a way to connect this keyboard and using this app, or there's the needing to make changes in the code first of all? Is there, please, any person who experienced this and solved? If so, in which way?

Thank you very much for the help!

Anakin

p.s. I'm quite sure that polarity of diodes are not important in this case, but...i'm a newbie...so....

Hi Stryd_one

I attached two schematics because I own all of the two hardware from fatar, the only difference is in the polarity of diodes.

Doesn't matter if you choose the DF or DR version, the difference with the hardware used by mr Qbas is in the connections that go to dout module and connection that go to din module.

I try the app like sm_ example ecc ecc and they work good!!! :)

What the matter? If I try the apps of qbas it doesn't work and the reason stand in the connection and general way of managing the matrix.

In FATAR you have T0, T1, T2 ecc that goes to dout and they increase when you increase the note: ex C1=T0, C#1=T1 and so on until T7 and then restart from T0...

In QBAS hardware used (like you can see here http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o139/qbas_photos/diagram_matrix.jpg  ) connections that go to dout don't increase when you increase the note: are the connection to din that increase when you increase notes.

This is the main difference and I don't know how to solve!

If I had only one contact x keys this won't be a problem, just swap the the column with row and surely work, but I have 2 contact x keys going to din module and I'm now in a black point...

Any suggestions?

Anakin

tp8df.pdf

tp8dr.pdf

tp8df.pdf

tp8dr.pdf

p.s. I'm quite sure that polarity of diodes are not important

polarity is important, yes. diodes are a one-way street...

I see what you mean now... You'll need to make (fairly minor) modifications to the matrix scannig functions, to use QBAS's code.

Yes

I know that diodes are "one way street"  :) ---great methaphore!!!---

I'm telling that in my case, the difference between my hardware and the hardware that own Mr Qbas (thanks 1000 times for your help!!!) isn't only in diodes and numbers of column and rows...but is in the general way of managing the two contacts x keys...if you can take I look at the schematics of qbas keyboard and mine, I'm sure you'll think so!

Suggestions?

Bye

Anakin

if you can take I look at the schematics of qbas keyboard and mine, I'm sure you'll think so!

Suggestions?

I see what you mean now... You'll need to make (fairly minor) modifications to the matrix scannig functions, to use QBAS's code.

;)