SIDv4 x8 All the boards sharing the same ground via case??

Nestle

Does my case design cause any problems by connecting the grounds of the boards?

Mmh... Yeah, basically all the boards are connected by the corner screwholes, and because of the metal case, all of the boards are connected from the same points. should I insulate them somehow. Should have bought plastic screws!

I could insulate the poles, but if it doesn't matter, that would be better! At least I wouldn't think about my insulation holding up!

But basically I could get rid of the problem (if such exists) using plastic between each ground and the case when stacking the boards.

Huh,  ::)

Nestle

They're supposed to share the same ground :)

This could create ground loops though, but I don't think that's going to be a problem in a digital circuit... and you could always just disconnect the ground wires between the boards .

Is the outside of the case insulated from the inside? You don't really want the case to be the ground plane, think about what could happen if you accidentally touch it with the tip of your phantom powered mic cable ;)

You know you can get plastic risers?

I was stupid enough to drill holes to the metal case and buy metal poles to attach the boards...

Everything is basically connected via case!

Maybe I should find a solution to separate the case from the boards by putting some plastic between. Hopefully I find plastic screws or something!?!

I am beginning to think that I should have upgraded the board with Wilbas one. This modular design is getting me grays, 8 sids seems a lot now ;)

Thanks,

Roope