jammer-like midibox

ultra

has anybody created any kind of trigger device that has a similar feel as a keyboard key? 

something springy and velocity sensitive, relatively accurate.

i'm interested in creating something similiar to the jammer (http://musicscienceguy.vox.com/).

i'd like to build it from scratch, rather than modify an expensive keyboard.  also, i'd want to use midibox to map the notes instead of computer software.

the midibox mapping and all that i could figure out, i just have no idea how you'd make a switch that has a good, velocity sensitive, playable feel to it.  i would think that a quiet jammer keyboard would be a must.

any ideas would be appreciated!

ultra

of course cheap is always good.

i am toying with the idea of making one that has a drum trigger type feel to it.  i would need to use force sensing resistors because it has to recognize my fingers on the pad until i remove them.  i found this company called sensitronics (http://www.sensitronics.com) and they're mailing me a few to play with.  this was after i told them that i wouldn't wanna pay a lot and i'd need 88.  i've been told they're expensive but i guess i'll see after i've decided whether or not to use them.  they also have other neat devices, such a strip that senses force and also works as a linear analog pot as you slide your finger across it.  for anybody looking at touch sensing devices, definitely check them out.

i'm still interested in trying other ways to make a touch sensitive trigger as well.