SID LCD particulars

napierzaza

Okay,

So here's the whole story. I'm making a MB SIDv2. I previously had a 2x20 LCD screen and everything was working fine (in 8-bit mode according to my wiring)

Then an accident happened and the damn thing was smashed.

So I bought a new 2x24 screen but in debuging the setup (mostly a backlight issue) I found the 4-bit wiring diagram for V2. I did not include those 4 connections on my LCD so it would be 4-bit. But now the LCD works but is no longer displaying the SID screen. It actually displays text saying it's a "LCD Screen"

What kind of message is this? Why was my original LCD working on 8 bit?

What PCB? Wilba's?

The 8bit driver on a v2 is not standard, and if you plugged in a 4 bit LCD with the 8bit driver, it won't behave... sounds like the corrupted message that arrived triggered a factory message.... I wouldn't do that again, lord knows what you could be doing to the lcd ;)

So, either wire it up for 8bit (i would) or change the software to a 4bit driver and re-upload.

4685's are 4 bit automatically, unless you configure them to use the user lcd driver, and wilba included a user lcd driver that does 8bit using spare pins. I got the impression you were using it before

You didn't answer my question.... Now I'll add to it. Which hex file did you upload?