MF module Power regulator problem

mr_DK

Hello,

I'm building a midibox LC, but I'm having serieus trouble with the MF module. The PDF on the yCapps file sais that I  need +- 8V over C4 regulated with the 1K trimpot. I connected the MF to different power supplies (one of 16 and one of 12 VAC) and with both of them the max current a got with the 1K trimpot is 5.96VDC, so not the 8V :-s. I bought the MF module at Mike's elektronicsite and there are is nothing printed on the PCB (no offence of course to Mike!) but may be I've put some component wrong or something? I triple checked already with the schematic and the regulator works, but I can't get anymore than 5.96V.

But on the next link you can see that normally the LM317 is regulated with a 5K trimpot

http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM117.pdf

It's so strange you can do it with 1K, and here it doesn't seem to work...

Hope somebody can help me...

Best regards

Hans

PS I already connected one MF, and it worked perfectly with the MF direct control tool it only responded quite slow.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply!

It seemed there was a little part of the PCB broken on the Vout pin of the LM317, that's why I had this strange behaviour! Now I have my 8V, also using the 240ohm, and my 5k trimpot

The faders work very nice...

Regards

Hans