Tact Pushbutton Switch for BOSS/Dod Effect Pedal

ballpein

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300254743587

Found this ebay auction - seems pretty cheap, and if these are actually the switches used in boss pedals they're probably indestructible - but I'm not sure these would be suitable for midibox64E.

For starters, I'm not sure if they're momentary or not (I'm guessing that "TPS" stands for "two position switch". - and I haven't figured out yet if a two position switch would be compatible, or if one can use only momentary switches.

These look like they might work well with an ice cube or similar led-button.

Any thoughts?

These should be fine for a MB project.

I've never seen tact switches like these in anything but momentary configuration, in fact I think the fundamental design precludes them from being toggled.

TPS in this case just means "Tact Pushbutton Switch", and is added to help people find the listing.

Truth be told, I'm not sure that these are the same as used in Boss pedals. The Boss pedal switches usually have a little knobby bit poking out the top which the pedal strikes. Perhaps the knobby bit is attached at the boss factory... That said, they would probably make a fair replacement if you were stuck.

For the record, all you really need for a switch contact in the MB world is literally that: a switch contact. It can be anything, and if I recall, it doesn't even need to be momentary. (Momentary is easiest coding-wise though)

Have fun!