My ableton concept for review&advice needed.

mrideas

Hi all, i've been studying and researching as much as i can, however all is not 100% as to what modules i need for my planned project.

See the attached image for a basic layout. I may add more fader channels, but as it stands i've calcuated that i need..

60 DIN for buttons

51 AIN for faders and pots.

26 DIN for the (13) encoders.

Going by the info on box 64 & 64E, it seems i've exceeded the ins for both for either DIN or AIN.

So i'm after some advice on how to daisy chain or mod either box to accept the inouts i need?

Even though i dont have many encoders, i need them so that i dont get any 'jumping'.

Plus i may even expand the total number of DINS at a later date.

SOme tips/advice/comments most welcome.

Thanks.

PS awesome forum and projects by all have me quite inspired!!

3580_midi_project_jpga7283c834e8f678dc29

Alright, it should be no problem to mod the basic 64E application to give it more DINs.

See the LC application (maybe something for you? you can use it without having a big display or motorfaders) uses 4 DINx4 and 4 DOUTx4 modules (but then no AINx4)

But...

Even though i dont have many encoders, i need them so that i dont get any 'jumping'.

how will you use your encoders without jumping? Can Ableton recognize sort of inc/dec messages from a generic midi controller?