MIOS Studio running really slowly - not working?

Jurbo

I have an XP machine, OS recently reinstalled, just installed Java. I have an SB Audigy with a Live Drive connector panel, using Midi port II.

When I start MIOS Studio, the splash screen hover around for more than a minute, then the program starts. Inside the program, all functions take terribly long, for instance, opening the help window takes half a minute. I don't really think I'll get anywhere with the program.

Any ideas - or should I take the Midi-Ox route?

The problem with that is, I need to convert the SID app hex file to syx, and I tried it, but after running the convert script, I get the error "You are trying to overwrite the MIOS address range, check your main.asm file - code should be included *after* mios_tables.inc!" What should I do? The convert script and the Perl package are from 2005, are there necessary updates to Perl and the convert script?

Sorry if this sounds messy, but I'm writing this waaaay past my usual bedtime. Thanks for help!

Oh, here goes: Sempron 2800, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB hdd, WinXP SP3 (or whatever the big update a week ago was), SB Audigy with Live Drive (using MIDI port II). Just made a fresh install of Java v6 update 7.

Hmm, I haven't turned (Java) internet update off. Don't really know of other Java programs, but before my latest OS reinstall about 2 months ago, I had no problems.

Now that I think of it, there are probably a lot of things that I haven't tried yet. I'll ask more once I have the time to return to the project (probably not before Saturday, anyway).

Thanks - it's possible I just missed something obvious, staying awake way too late being desperate. I'll let you know!

Well, well, well... I just had to return to the project as soon as possible (what's another night of insufficient sleep...), and after looking things through, all my problems were caused by 1) that damn AdobeUpdater.exe bug that sucks 99% CPU power and 2) a broken off lead on the midi out socket of my MBSID.

After I managed to fix those, it was easy to upload the MBSID V2 app with MIOS Studio, and my V2 upgrade is now well underway. I've played a couple of test notes on my stereo 8580 and it sounds veeeeeerrrry promising!  :)