Crystalfontz USA experience

bleepsnbreaks

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know about the experience I had purchasing 3 LCDs from Crystalfontz USA's website.

I bought 2 different 4x20s and a 2x20 but when my order arrived there was the 4x20 model of the 2x20 I had ordered. I figured that becuase I had ordered from New Zealand and the shipping cost nearly as much as the 3 LCDs that it wasnt worth trying to sort out the mistake, all the documentation had the order correctly but they just packed the wrong part.

This was going to be slightly annoying because it meant I couldnt use the template for the simple control surface without some modification.

Anyway, so I wired up the 4x20 but got only backlight, this lead me to believe that I had accidentaly ordered negative contrast LCDs, so I wired up the other 2 4x20s and they worked fine, when I connected up the origional one again I got just the black bars. Took some photos of the 3 lcds, emailed them to crystalfontz and they logged support ticket for me.

Got a response the next day advising that they were very very sorry for the mix up and that they would send me out the correct LCD at thier expense!

Thats excellent customer service, in my experience when a company is on the other side of the world and you have this kind of problem you are screwed really because you either have to ship back the broken/wrong item which ends up costing more than the cost of the item, they basicly never respond to your communications, or worse, they blatantly tell you to get bent.

So even though they did make a mistake in packing my order they were very quick to fix thier mistake and to stand by the quality of thier products by replacing the faulty unit, no questions asked.