Pot compatibility questions

Swine

I have been reading up on what requirements are necessary for pots/faders ect. And just to make sure i need to get 10k linear ones, correct?

I recently purchased a busted denon dj mixer for $5 on ebay just to take apart as a learning experience and then decided to see what i could salvage from it to put towards my midibox. (i know have a tested/working core + lcd screen)

-the markings on the line (not necessarily linear?) faders i took out are "119-20KBx2" now if i am reading this correctly, the resistance on this can be twice as much as i want for my MB? I think the B does mean it is linear? The fader has 8 (four on each side) metal legs (non of which are for stability) and two have been broken off for the assembly of the mixer.

-the markings on the pots are "103B 115C" does this mean it can be linear or log? it does have 7 "input" legs.

-the one i bought from smash tv says clearly "B10K" so at least that one is easy  :D

both of the faders are alps faders/pots and ive started looking for data sheets on them and i can only figure out which fader i MIGHT have from the picture havnt yet decoded the writing on the side for sure. 

so i am a little confused as to the letters for linear/log faders.  i understand that the A vs B printed on them changed some time ago and from country to country.

i also "ripped" out some switches and pushbuttons but those are either on-off or on-on switches and i am assuming that virtually any switch like that will work.

any input or links will be GREATLY appreciated.