dspics

rasteri

I wanna experiment with the dspic33f series, but I can't find any good DIY programmer schematics (let alone software). Does anyone know about any I might have missed?

I was thinking, since I'll be going with the official Microchip toolchain (C30) and MPLAB IDE, I might just get a PICKIT2. Does anyone have any experience with these programmers? They seem very handy, especially as I have no serial or parallel ports on my new comp...

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I'm late again.

It happens to often, they will probably put it on my headstone:

Here lies the late LyleHaze.

Yes, the little PICKit2 is the most bang for your buck that you'll ever find. And it's small enough to wear it as jewelry. :-)

The only thing better than a PICKit2 is a good bootloader, especially if it is run by MIDI. ;-)

Have fun, and tell us what you build with the DSPic!

LyleHaze

well I figured since it's only like £25 I didn't have much to lose. Except perhaps my soul to microchip (It feels really strange using the official PIC dev tools, I've only ever used homemade programmers for ~8 years)

Microchip supply schematics for it, and people have designed PCBs so you can make your own pickit. I believe there is linux support for it, too. (but not for dsPICs...)

And I'll be sure to post details of the project when it's semi-working.