How to enable midi merge - serial I/O in the SM_code

anakin

Hi friends

I'm working with example codes for scanning keyboard matrix made by TK ( and re-worked by QBAS)

codes are sm_example1_v2a, sm_example1_v1a and Sm_16x16 Vel.

I need to enable the midi merge-serial function for cascade 2 cores via midi in-out ports: I think the code to modify is the file Mios.h ( but i'm not sure about) but I don't know where and how as i'm not familiar with ASM. ???

Can you help me please?

Bye

Anakin

I felt a great disturbance in the force, like the sound of stryd one staring at a million newbies

(Yes, sound of staring. I shoot laser beams out of my eyes when I do that. Laser beams buzz in this movie.)

Use the search, Anikin.

;)

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10203.msg76753.html#msg76753

Hi and thank you for your help... but still not solved the problem!!!

I try to explain: TK made 4 differents codes for working with scan matrix, 2 in C and 2 in ASM each are divided in "simple" and "fast".

Assuming that I'm working with the one "fast" and in ASM, the link you gave me is for C code but doesn't matter!

I go to MIOS Functions Reference (ASM Version) and take a look at the mergerGet and mergerSet function... I take a look at file called mios.h in code sm_example2_v1a and I find "something" that refer to midi merger function:

;; ==========================================================================
;;  General constants
;; ==========================================================================

;; used by MIOS_MIDI_Interface*
MIOS_MIDI_INTERFACE_COMMON	EQU	0x00
MIOS_MIDI_INTERFACE_TO_HOST	EQU	0x01

;; used by MIOS_MIDI_Merger*
MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_DISABLED	EQU	0x00
MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_ENABLED	EQU	0x01
MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_MBLINK_EP	EQU	0x02
MIOS_MIDI_MERGER_MBLINK_FP	EQU	0x03

But code has also other files and these are general constant... so where ( meaning in which file and where in the code) I have to change parameters for enabling it?

Where's my mistake?

Thank you

Bye

Anakin

thank you for your help...

The link was a hint. The help was to tell you to search, which you obviously haven't done a whole bunch of ... use the keywords you find in the post I linked, to run more and more searches. This question has been asked and answered in the past, and if you search for a while, you'll find the answer.

but still not solved the problem!!!

Keep searching, that part is up to you. I'll give you another hint: you're barking up the wrong tree. Firstly, mios.h is part of mios, you don't change that. Those things you saw are used to simplify your coding and shouldn't be changed. If you were using an up-to-date version of the software, you wouldn't even see that file.

Secondly, mb-link support is not built into the example apps, they pretty much just run the matrix, so it's not a matter of changing a variable to enable it (like it is in the MB64), you need to add code (see the function reference).

I can't help but wonder... why are you not using the C version? It will be much easier to add the code you need in C if you are familiar with it.

Hi and thank you!  ;)

you got right! Now I solved the problem! I forgot that the code is an example, so now I add the function in the INIT and all work good.

Excuse me for my "not seriously searching" in the forum but it was not a matter of searching, but a matter of understanding that I must "ADD", not "modify"

Thank you!

Anakin

p.s. I use ASM because I'm starting to try to understand it instead of C. ???