Anyone in NZ or Aus know where I can buy buttons?

bleepsnbreaks

Of the type used on the MB-6582? Shipping from Mouser to NZ is $30nz, which is more than the buttons.

Buttons are the only part I am missing to build my CS. After a few hours soldering Im about 3/4 of the way finished with my baseboard and know I'll be itching to get the CS done as soon as Im finished that :)

Also, if I wanted to use spacers for my LEDs what length do I need?

Why not look at the Op Shop or Trash n Treasure for some old electronics (vcr, clock radio, tv, cordless phone) with some button controls on them to scavenge a far cheaper solution and a good way to hone your desoldering skills... Not sure of the length for LED spacers but you could use a soft drink straws...

Switches Plus http://www.switchesplus.com.au/ stock the ALPS SKHHDTA010

I have been trying to arrange for an Aussie to run a bulk order for the Aussies (and the Kiwis) but no one has yet started one.

I am tempted to buy a box of 2000 rotary encoders (needed for the MB-SEQ kits) and then share around the extras to the MB-6582 builders.

You do not need spacers for the LEDs. RTFM! :)

Yeah, I know you dont NEED spacers but I was thinking about using them anyway.

Yep, rotary encoders are another part that is a pain in the a$$ to get, I had to get mine from voti.

I dont understand why shipping stuff from the US costs so much more than from the UK, I got my SIDs from the UK and the shipping was 3 pounds 50......

Anyway, I'll check out switches plus, thanks Wilba....

WOOOHOOOOOOO ! I contacted Switches Plus and they forwarded me to thier NZ distributor ! ! !

SKHHDTA010 switch, ALPS, tact, 6mm sq, 13mm high 1,000,000 cycles @ $0.662ea.

Hi-Q Electronics Ltd

6C Douglas Alexander Parade

Albany

Auckland

New Zealand

Ph 0800-800-293

Int'l  +64-9-415-3333

Fax +64-9-415-8686

Just saved myself and absolute fortune! Thanks Wilba !