MB64 - Link *almost* working

noofny

I have 2 cores each running MB64. Core1 has DeviceId=00 and is set to the forwarding-point, Core2 has DeviceId=02 and is set to the end-point. It all seems to be working fine except that the LCD which is plugged into Core2 (endpoint) is only displaying activity from that core and not both.

Have looked around the forums but can't seem to work this one out - have I left something out?

Anyone got any ideas?

I can't seem to get midilink to work...this are the steps I've taken of it helps;

1) Used the change_id tool as per instructions to set the device id to 0 on first core and 1 on the second.

2) Uploaded the MB64 application to each core (no modifications made to it).

3) Using vmidibox64 tool set the first core (device 0) as forwarding point.

4) Using vmidibox64 tool set the second core (device 1) as an end point.

5) Removed the optocoupler from the second core (but leave in on the first).

6) Connected MIDI in to the first core (device 0).

7) Connected MIDI out to the second core (device 1).

8) Connected J11-MO on the first core (device 0) to J11-MI on the second core (device 1) and the 2 grounds on J11.

9) Connected the LCD to the second core (device 1).

10) Connected some buttons to the first core (device 0) and pots to both cores.

But she no seems to worky. MIDI signals generated by the first core are all making it through to my PC as per normal, so I guess in effect this is just like chaining the 2 cores using the MIDI in/outs - because the LCD is only displaying events generated by the second core that it is connected to. Also menu buttons are performing their roles, however the LCD again is not displaying anything for them. Everything else with both cores and all the setup is working 100%...and I've searched all over the forums but nobody seems to get this same problem.

Do I need to modify the source of MB64 application? I've setup my dev toolchain and can compile the MB64 source but I've searched through the code and can't find what I would need to change here. Is this the way midilink between 2 cores is meant to work?