Step-seq. Fruityloops style controller for ableton live help

Rigo

Hi there every one,

It has been a long time with no post, work and loads of work and  haven't had a chance to midibox, but again am back

Well, I don't really know where to post this but here it goes.

I finally found a way to interface live 7 with a hardware controller in a drum step sequencer manner ala Fruityloops to make drum loops. I have done it with a regular midi keyboard and it works but I ran out of keys. I really don't know where to start, this is the design.

I will have a 8rows x32columns button matrix (obviously each row represents an instrument[Kick,snare,etc] and each column a step), the first 4x32 sending midi in a channel different than the lower 4x32

I will need the first 128 step buttons to send the 128 notes (on/off) from C-1 to G9 on one channel

and the reamining  128 buttons to send the same  notes on a different channel.

plus i will need some kind of led feed back to show the buttons status, and on the very top a row of 32 leds showing the position that is currently playing,

is this possible with midibox?

is it possible to keep sending notes in different  channels to get enough buttons to complete a 12x32 matrix. or a 8x64?

I keep searching for this but all that comes out is the Midibox SEQ 3

Sincerely Rigo Renteria

hi rigo,

i'm not sure if this helps, but check this thread:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12585.0.html

i'm in the process of creating a liveapi script and an include file so you can easily write midibox applications that interfaces with live.  rather than control each clip with a different note, you can simply address a clip directly using channel and slot and do whatever you want with it, including putting the name of the clip into the midibox.

i'm having problems with it as i type this, but i think i'll get there.

ultra

To do this I use the drumrack then load lets say the same kick in the 16 slots that the drum rack has, then I draw the clip using a "diferent" Kick-note in a latter style, then i just expand the drum rack and assign midi notes to the 16 mute buttons each kick-note has. Its rather very simple, it can even be done with pots assign to volume.

• 2 weeks later...