Someone selling an incomplete Midibox sid at 400 euro

cicalone

I m really sorry for that.i build my midibox a couple of years ego and during those days i had some trouble with money so i decided to sell all my stuff including my love midiboxsid and all my gear.the price 400 euro refer to a midibox that i saw on ebay 2 years ago..i thought was right,but i was wrong.I instantly deleted the insertion after CICALONE contact me to explain the situation.

I'M really sorry for that.

Thanks for removing it chaos, and especially for your good attitude. I wish all people were as cool about it as you! I hope that your money woes are resolved very soon.

The problem here is not really the price - the problem is that it is not legal to sell a midibox without TK's permission. If you saw a midibox on ebay, they were also breaking the law.... I think it's safe to say that it's not so much about the law, as it is about respect for TK's work - because he does all this for free, it's not really fair for others to make money out of it.

If you would still like to sell it, perhaps you could post in the Sale Requests section of the forum....?

The problem here is not really the price - the problem is that it is not legal to sell a midibox without TK's permission. If you saw a midibox on ebay, they were also breaking the law....

Not really breaking the law. It's a violation of the Midibox license, which states non-commercial projects only. Commercial, by definition, is for-profit. So technically if you built a midibox for someone and charged them for parts only (taking nothing for the work done) it would be in compliance with the license.

A license violation is also not the same thing as breaking the law. You can obviously challenge someone who is ignoring the license in a court of law, but that's a separate issue.

I think it's safe to say that it's not so much about the law, as it is about respect for TK's work - because he does all this for free, it's not really fair for others to make money out of it.

Indeed. I also feel that since TK has put a lot of effort into making this platform it's his call to say if it's OK to make money off it. I'd likely be pissed if I built an awsome platform only to have an entity with the means and funds to ramp it up to full-scale manufacturing make a pile of money out of it.

(While personally I'd probably just license everything under the GPLv3, keeping the platform open and hackable regardless of other issues.)

Not really breaking the law....

A license violation is also not the same thing as breaking the law. You can obviously challenge someone who is ignoring the license in a court of law, but that's a separate issue.

Ohh gawd, not another internet would-be legal-eagle.  I'm keeping the terminology broad, as chaos is obviously not a native english-speaker, and I've no idea who will read this thread in future (those are the people to whom that post was mostly aimed - it's not relevant to chaos really).

I'd probably do that regardless, because it gets the point across. I really really really don't give a f*** about the finer points of a system that's enslaving us all and requires destruction if we want freedom. I'm more of a fan of common sense and respect, which is why I just made the point clear (if not legally binding), and mentioned the bit about respect for TK's work and the irrelevance of legal definition.

So technically if you built a midibox for someone and charged them for parts only (taking nothing for the work done) it would be in compliance with the license.

TK usually approves that kind of thing anyway. If you don't stand to lose anything, (ie, if you aren't trying to make a buck or whatever) common sense says; it can't hurt to ask.

Commercial, by definition, is for-profit.

I don't know if you're right about that. Non-profit commerce is still commerce.

Aaanyway, that's just another reason why laws are stupid - You know what I meant - and that's why there's no need for discussion on the matter.

i was tring to solve some problems not selling only the midibox but my entire stuff(my passion,life).as i said to CICALONE when you are going to sell either a hair dryer on ebay you forget about what you re selling(i know i was superficial),but things around you became only "something more to sell".THOSE are not excuses,i was totally wrong!!!

i m  just tring to apologoze to you all,especially with the concept and ethics behind this awesome project.