MB808-workalike: button mapping of DINX4??

creekree

hi,

after a LONG hiatus (my almost-ready SEQv2 sat on a shelf for 5 years, i think) i am back.

to get to the point straight away: i am trying to build a MB808 sequencer and i am making good progress as far as the individual modules are concerned.

however, i have a question:

i simply cannot match the button IDs of the DINX4 modules (exec, left, right,.... #3,#4,#5 etc) to the picture of the MB808 sequencer 808_front_v0_9.gif

maybe i am blind. i couldnt find any information on that. i dont know- maybe it is totally obvious?

anyway, if someone could shed some light into this i'd be super happy. i just dont want to mix up the buttons, thats all.

thanks!

its not so much that i found a mapping chart somewhere... i opened setup_808_default.asm and noticed which buttons were disabled and which were enabled... this is a pretty good start.

also i learned that i can assign any pin of the shift registers to any function; something that had previously not occured to me.

so the answer is: it doesnt matter which button on the frontpanel is connected to which pin of DINX4 as you can match that in the software at any time. (this probably is totally obvious to most of ucapps members, but being drawn away from the project for such a long time i totally forgot everything i once knew about midiboxen)