Logic Control and Mackie Control Emulation

Guest stvy

Guest stvy

Hi,

I just found this amazing project! I am hoping to get started on one of these projects soon....

I currently wish to make a Mackie Control emulation could someone please point me into the correct place to get hold of the midi specification for this unit?

Right now I have access to a Logic Control and would like to know the differences between the 2 midi protocols. As I would like to emulate either unit.

Please any help with the Mackie and Logic Control specs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Stvy

Hi,

Yeah as far as I can tell it is very similiar.

However I thought that the initiated call and response strings were different. And I need to know what they are for the Mackie COntrol.

Also any other differences? I have heard that there are only a few differences, so was hopeing that somebody here would be able to help me.

Cheers

Steve

I think the only difference is the device ID or serial number or something. This is just a simple way of mackie and emagic of ensuring product incompatability! (I think when Mackie and Emagic agreed to work on the logic control together, Mackie must have signed an agreement not to release their own version of the logic control... hence the mackie control cannot be used as a logic control!! (pretty frustrating if you buy one! as mackie control is very cheap now, for what it is!)

all the details for configuring mackie or logic control will become apparent when you open the main.asm file for the LC, and configure it in MPlab, or equivalent software. (you can easily switch between mackie or logic control over sysex, using midi-ox)