Codeblocks and SDCC command line compiler

demym

Hi all,

i am still waiting for my Core to be delivered, but in the while i had fun coding what my app should be (a simple midifilter/processor) using Codeblocks and the GUISIM template. In GUISIM (a fantastic tool !!) all works correctly as i want it to work.

But i have a few questions:

1) it seems i am not able to change the GUISIM configuration, i click on the menus that are found on the top of the DIN/AIN virtual modules, but always get 16x2 display, 32 DIN, and the AIN faders don't seem to work;

2) How can i obtain a .hex file directly compiling into Codeblocks ?

3) In Codeblocks i have used local variables into functions (that is defining on the fly variables into the MIOS functions blocks), and it compiles correctly and launch GUISIM correctly; but when i take my main.c and try to compile it by command line SDCC (that gives me directly the .hex, see my previous question), it seems not to accept those variables defined on the fly into the functions bodies. So i had to take those definitions and put them out of the functions bodies, and that way even the SDCC line compiler works correctly.

Am i missing something ? It's not really a big problem, was just curious about it.

My toolchain is defined correctly, as all works as expected and i obtain a .hex file, that i can't wait to try onto my Core, when it will arrive and also when i had passed the most difficult thing to me, soldering :-)

If only i could obtain a .hex directly inside Codeblocks (i just love this IDE, especially for the reason that it was several years that i didn't code in C, and it helped me a lot).

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

1) That's GUISIM Specific, not sure there.

2) Use the instructions on the wiki for setting up a custom makefile

3) Huh? Code, please :)

Whether you run make (you don't run SDCC, the makefile does that) from codeblocks or the command line makes no difference. It's still make and it's still the same code...