Din prob: button 13 doesn´t work

Guest SK12

hi,

button 13(according to mb64 wiring) doesn´t work.

I´ve already changed the chips, tested the pcb for shorts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Sascha

P.S.: If everything is going well, my box will be ready on sunday, it´s design is roughly based on E-mu´s SP-12

Yes, then it´s absolutely the DIN.

Recheck the wiring. (I  know this is stupid, but whatever, you know...)

Perhaps its not a short, but a broken PCB lane. Check the PCB lane of that button.

And try to pull the pin of the IC directly to ground. I mean directly at the *pin*, not the jumper conn.

You dont eventually have a second DIN ?  ;D

I shortened the chip pins to ground, all fine except button 13.

As i´m helping a friend to build one, i´ll will soon have a second Din to check.

Really??

Hmm, I´m getting out of ideas with the time..... but as its only that one pin, thats not working, it should be something with its connection.

Do me a favour, and measure the voltage of that pin, it has to be at 5V without a pressed button. With pressed button it should go down to 0V. Perhaps then we know whats up.

Really weird up to now... :P

Then its definitely a short one or similar. Check the resistor of that pin, perhaps its broken and doesnt pull the pin up to 5V.

Somehow the pin has to be pulled to 0V. So its either a short one to ground or a broken resistor!

Now at least its clear now: Its not the ICs, not the core, and so its definitely something at pin 13: a short or the resistor.

Hope that helps at last!  :)