SID Project LCD & Can Bus Error

minya

Good Morning guys,

i started another midibox project a few days ago and have some problems. I read much in the Forum and thought my issue could be solved with the changes in 1.7 Hardware MOD becase some guys seemed to have the same problems. I have built the optimized Transformer for 8 SIDS (old c64 one), but i just have one SID Core. The Supplys is ok, i got 14 VC and 5VC with one ground. The Backlight isn't working but when i measure direct at the pins 15 or 16 there come around 5V. Also if those two pinns are been switched nothing happens with the Backlight. But the Disply works and i can configure the contrast. Mios has uploaded, bank stick is formated but just the buttons Select 1-4 are working. When i'm using the menu encoder or the button5 (at another DIN port) a Message SID2(, or SID3, SID4) not available, Can bus error. I thought the encoder tries to control a sid on another port.

I also opdated the patching of the CORE-SID connection (SID/SC -> CORE J10/MD, CORE BAnkstik SC ->CORE J10 MD, and J10 SC unused and also did the V2 Patch (Display D0-D3 not connected, a small diode between D2/D3 and going to VD after a 1.1k resistor

i also added a 2200uF Elko in the end of the power supply between core & SID

I have no idea what the problem else can be, i checked all pinnings especiatelly between core and SID. Could it be that there is a small problem in using the minimal config with the 8xSID optimized powersupply?

would be glad for every hint

thanks,

markus