Countdown to Midibox

Digispunk

Hi Guys,

here's the story so far - boards are done, components have been amassed, core tested and working, metal work is done, and getting ready to do the soldering this week.

this one is going to be loaded with everything from pots and faders to joysticks and touch strips.

there's a space on the upper left for pitch bend and mod wheels, im using a pair i hacked off an alesis photon, and have been puzzling over the midibox software for the correct way to scale the analogue inputs to work at full range -

if anyone can anyone point me to the correct part of the code to modify, i should be able to do the maths to set the exact amounts needed. i have a friend who can program and assemble, but he asked me to see if anyone has done this before to avoid the trial and error process.

more pix coming soon...... :D

4789_metalwork_jpgb8f73f01fb9b83b6508456

4789_metalwork_jpgb8f73f01fb9b83b6508456

ive been checking out the Mios C page and found this -

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_c_send_range.html

Send CC Events on pot movements within specific range (Scaling)

looks like that might be what im looking for,

if im not mistaken, it can specify which AIN input is to be scaled - with defined input and output amounts -

am i ont he right track here?

Hi stryd - if you are refering to this post - http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,13207.msg113303.html#msg113303

then yes - its mentioned in your answer, but you didn't point me to the specific part of the code to be modified, and thats what im looking for - the fastest route to the exact solution,

the point is - if someone has actually done what im trying to do, and succeeded - i would like to hear from them, exactly how to do it - thats the ideal situation - dont you think?

anyhow - i have been searching, and that piece of code seems like the most likely suspect, so im looking for confirmation - can you confirm that is exactly whay i need to modify and incorporate into the application?

yes - its mentioned in your answer, but you didn't point me to the specific part of the code to be modified, and thats what im looking for - the fastest route to the exact solution,

The exact solution is unknown - at least as far as I am aware, noone has done it yet. I have helped, and watched others help, while people tried to do what you are talking about, and I have no recollection of anyone coming back saying "I did this, and it worked". If they did, you will certainly find it by searching using the keyword I gave you. If not, you will have to search for hints. Thats why I gave you a search keyword and not an exact solution. I don't have one. But I told you how to find one ;)

Are you under some impression that I have an exact solution but I'm not giving it to you? Or that not getting an exact solution in your other thread would be helped by asking in here?

the point is - if someone has actually done what im trying to do, and succeeded - i would like to hear from them, exactly how to do it - thats the ideal situation - dont you think?

As I've just mentioned, I'm not aware of anyone succeeding in this yet. Regardless, it never hurts to ask if anyone's done it - it's good to not reinvent the wheel, and if we can help make it easier for you, rest assured that we will.......... but crossposting is not the answer.

Styrd - im sure you mean well, because you have helped loads of other people on this forum,

but no - i dont think you have the exact answer im looking for, i think you would have told me by now,

anyhow - there are lots of others on this forum who might be able to help me solve it with a bit of trial and error

Your old post, before you edited, asked me: "Do you have a bug up your arse about something or what?" My original reply was the below line:

Yes. I find argumentative crossposters even more annoying than normal crossposters. Especially when I have to either clean up after their mess, or put up with their attitude.

As for your new edit,

stryd - you are stuck on repeat!

;0)

Yes, I am stuck on repeat, and it's an unpleasant situation you place me in. Perhaps you find it worthy of a smiley face, but I sure as heck do not. Please show some consideration. I could have just said "Fuck, newbie, don't crosspost!' and merged up your shit. Or locked this thread and not bothered to take the time to link to the other thread. But I didn't, I thought I'd be polite, and drop a subtle hint. Then you got rude... so I told you more directly... and I got -even more- attitude from you.

Now, given that whenever I try to be nice some dude gets all cocky like that, and when I try to be direct, people make out like I'm the forum dictator, can someone please tell me exactly what the fuck a mod is meant to do? No - because (as any moderator, sysop, etc will tell you) no matter how I try, there's always someone ready to do what they want at the expense of others, and they'll usually try to whip up some defense for it - or in your case, avoid the subject completely.

So in conclusion, would you rather:

The friendly mod - the guy who takes the time out to search his last few days' posts to find the one where he helped you already, in case you somehow missed it, and post a link..

... or ...

The rough mod - the guy who orders you around, and who carelessly tidies up after you by merging/locking/etc.?

Your call.