optimized psu help..

joewhat

yup iv realised a silly mistake was i had put in a 7805 instead of a 7809 so iv just changed that and now iv got 12VDC out but still only 10.7VDC on the SID ICs which im sure still isnt enough. but my main consern is the lack of power on the CORE, at j2 iv got 5.2VDC but still no power on the ICs!

im going to keep trying to find the problem but as usual any help is good help ;)

Alex

when i first started out on that optimized psu.. i was abit naive and just soldered every thing up and hoped for the best.. this turned out not to be good so i started all over with a different mind.  took small steps and confirmed them working every time..(i tested link, and voltage for every step) this turned out good for me.. dunno if this helps..

btw. did you check the voltage on the sockets before inserting the IC's as told in the: http://virtualorgan.com/virtualorgan/FileLib/Assembling_a_MIDIbox_Core.pdf

they came out good?

thats my thoughts

best of luck

- joe

yer cheers for that, i was checking the wrong points on the CORE and it all seems good now. i still only getting 10VDC to my SIDs though and this because of the 12VDC input from the PSU  :( so im just going to keep playing about with different rectifiers as i think thats where the problem lies, 9VAC input and 12VDC output dosent make much sense to me! but cheers for the heads up with that link, much love

Alex

this was the same trouble i had.. where i was advised to try another 9VAC PSU i had lying around and it made it for me(atm. i have to psu's connected ://).. i think you should measure about 11-12VAC from the 9VAC output on the PSU without anything else connected.. anyhow i found my c64 psu 9vAC output to be broken.. tt. maybe yours too broken.. :0(

im no expert im very noobish.. so maybe other people got skills to help you out..

- joe