Midibox buttons for Transport (Cubase 5/SX)

Duggle

hi,

has anyone had success programming midibox buttons for transport control in Cubase 5.x or SX ?  I have managed to get them working but not very effectively.

I find I cannot get the forward and reverse buttons to act in a momentary way only latching which is not good for these functions. Also Stop needs to be pressed twice when playing.

Anyone had similar experience?

many thanks

Guest the_Swede

It can be done - you have to fiddle with the flags that can be assigned to each button within the Generic Remote. Try the "push button" and "toggle" flags in different combinations - I can't remember which combination was the right.

peace out,

the Swede from the arctic regions

I find "push on/push off" functionality on keyboard numpad '-' and '+' for  ff and rew.

I have found spacebar on the keyboard sometimes needs to be pressed twice; once resets the play pos to the begining but keeps playing. Next press actually stops it playing.

This behaviour (re stop)  is not constant meaning there is some instability with SX it would seem.

The MIDIbox buttons I have used have @OnOff assigned in the script.

In SX the flags are something like (T for ff and rew) and (P for stop, play, record).  I cant check for certain as SX is on another bootable partition.

Good to hear you have them working right this is incouraging.

cheers

Guest the_Swede

No, no, there's something fishy with your SX. There is an option which relates to this: You can make the stop button either return to the position you started playback from or not - but either way playback is stopped. This sounds like you are using spacbar with key commands or something - are you sure those are turned off? Anyways, my stop button works just like the spacebar, which is fine. Same goes for FF/Rew which also work fine. Wish I could help you out, but it seems I can't...