Core is done, how can I test it ?

Nat

Th best way is to connect the LCD in the next step. It´s the most easy part to connect. And you can need it for the next boxes as well (I always have some kinda "test LCD").

If the firmware is loading up well (saying something like "Midibox 16E © by Thomas K." or so), the core is absolutely good.

I troubleshooted with Ian but we found nothing...

Everthing seems fine but the Core doesn't work.

If I burn a pic, then remove it, put it back again plug the JDM in the computer and do a "read all", if the data is the same as when i wrote it, does that mean that the PIC is fine ?

otherwise I can't find where the problem could be..

Guest kejace

Hi Nat.

I'm in the same situation as you are, I can program the PIC and everything seems fine except that it doesn't work :P

I have connected a LCD and it lights up but no text..

It's difficult to know what parts to look foor if they are damaged. First thing I will do is to replace the crystal and try with a 18F452 chip instead, load MIOS because it seems easier to troubleshoot. (you can send sysx messages and it will respond). But other than that I don't know anything else but to successivly replace each component.