MIDI to USB signal problem

pesce

Hi!

The controller is base on MIDIBOX64E,

it has 64 button, 40 potentiometer, 16 Encoders, 48 leds, 1 lcd.

Once I finished the structure I uploaded the last MIOS mios_update_v1_9f.zip using MIDI-OX, this is the Operative system.

After that I uploaded with MIOS-studio the midibox64 application from midibox64e_v2_2b.zip download section of ucapps.

I don't know anything about programming, the only code I need to change was for the encoder to change to detent mode.

Using sarge editor for MIDIBOX64E I assigned commads or note to every component and I connect DOUT (led) to MIDIEVENT to let Traktor send output signal and light the leds.

The controller is working good with traktor PRO.

I connected the midi in midi out to NI kontrol 1 audio interface. I noticed that once I used the buttons on the audiointerface that send midi signal on another channel, my midibox start to have problem of comunication. Problems like: I move a pot to value eg. 65 after that when I move another the last change it's value to 66. This also happens with button and leds.

To solve this problem I connected the midibox with a usb to midi converter and turn off midi signal of the NI kontrol 1. This solves the problem for a period, but it happens again randomly, to solve it I disconnect the usb to midi converter and plug it again.

I think the problem comes from the computer and not from midibox. Any ideas?

sorry for the bad english.

Regards

Alessandro

5434_IMG_0034_jpge09751f189dec329f62b395

5434_IMG_0034_jpge09751f189dec329f62b395

Oh, what a great design, Allesandro! :)

I connected the midi in midi out to NI kontrol 1 audio interface. I noticed that once I used the buttons on the audiointerface that send midi signal on another channel, my midibox start to have problem of comunication. Problems like: I move a pot to value eg. 65 after that when I move another the last change it's value to 66. This also happens with button and leds.

To solve this problem I connected the midibox with a usb to midi converter and turn off midi signal of the NI kontrol 1. This solves the problem for a period, but it happens again randomly, to solve it I disconnect the usb to midi converter and plug it again.

I think the problem comes from the computer and not from midibox. Any ideas?

Sounds like the MIDI merger has been activated, and your software forwards incoming MIDI events to the output as well. This will result into a feedback loop which can quickly result into a MIDI buffer overrun either at the MIDIbox, and/or at your computer side.

So - just disable the Merger (MB64E: can be done in the MIDI configuration page), and at your computer side disable the option which activates MIDI forwarding.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Oh, what a great design, Allesandro! :)

Sounds like the MIDI merger has been activated, and your software forwards incoming MIDI events to the output as well. This will result into a feedback loop which can quickly result into a MIDI buffer overrun either at the MIDIbox, and/or at your computer side.

So - just disable the Merger (MB64E: can be done in the MIDI configuration page), and at your computer side disable the option which activates MIDI forwarding.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi thank you for the reply, I'm happy you appreciate my design.

I checked ,the merger is off. What about the computer side? i'm using win xp, where I can find the  control for MIDI forwarding?

regards

Alessandro

• 1 month later...

I'm still having the problem, I'm using traktor PRO1.2/1.1 after a short period of time the midibox start to get crazy, when I move a fader or when I press a button it change the value of the previous command.

I tried to remove the output signal from traktor and disconnect also the input oh MB, but there is still the problem.

Thank you in advance for the answer

regards

Alessandro