MBSeq v2 control shift

Midnite

Hello all,

Currently building a V2 seq using a 452 pic I already had laying around.

I want the unit to be minimal with only one 2x40 lcd and eight encoders, eight leds, and rows of eight buttons.

I understand that with a single 2x40 display tracks 9-16 are displayed when a button or encoder is activated for one of those tracks.

Can I get the leds and encoders to shift from tracks 1-8 to tracks 9-16 as well?

Is there some kind of shift button I include in the code to do this?

I'm not very good with code, so simple is the best policy.

-D

Hi,

you could implement such a SHIFT button on a similar way like "SEQ_BUTTON_All" (just toggle a flag stored in a memory location). Thereafter you have to change SEQ_BUTTON_GP, so that an offset of 8 is added to button 0-7 when the SHIFT function is activated, and you have to modify SEQ_LED_UpdateIRQ, so that either IRQ_TMP1 or IRQ_TMP2 is transfered to the "DEFAULT_GP_DOUT_SR0 - 1" shift register.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Tk,

That opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

If I understand you correctly I would just follow the example of "SEQ_BUTTON_ALL "in the code and duplicate it for the fuctions I want to shift?

I haven't given it a try yet, Im still in build mode. I'm not code savvy so it'll probably be touch and go with this

I've got another question.

Is the 7 segment bpm display, and gate outputs, like those in V3 doable in V2?

-D

• 1 month later...